20121109

Carl Sagan Day

"Carl Edward Sagan (November 9, 1934 – December 20, 1996) was an American astronomer, astrophysicist, cosmologist, author, science popularizer, and science communicator in astronomy and natural sciences. He spent most of his career as a professor of astronomy at Cornell University where he directed the Laboratory for Planetary Studies. He published more than 600 scientific papers and articles and was author, co-author or editor of more than 20 books. He advocated scientifically skeptical inquiry and the scientific method, pioneered exobiology and promoted the Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence (SETI)."
-
from wikipedia
Carl Sagan is one of my role-models, a figure which I will always remember by his playful smile, the way he admired the beauty of nature, and the way he talked about it. When I first watched 'Cosmos', I immediately knew 'what I wanted to be when I grew up'.

Carl, you will never be forgotten.

2 comments:

  1. What a coincidence, I just got acquainted with 'the Pale Blue Dot'. :) Absolutely brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...