20120929

Scenes from the Garden

It's been some time since I really spent time with my Garden. While I was studying away from home (last 4 years), I spent the summers in my home town, but I usually spent them working so I wasn't really able to take care of the Garden. That's about to change, though, since I'm going to spend the next year here, with my family, and the Garden. I like that.

The Garden is quite big, especially when you consider I live in an apartment building. Luckily, we're on the ground floor, so our apartment is surrounded by gardens. I might do a video-tour one day to show you the size of it. :) Until then, here are some pictures:
This is about 1/7 of the whole garden...
Everything looks better with soap bubbles.

We also have a huge selection of cacti, which will take me quite some time to classify. I will write more about them in some of the next posts. Here are some of them:
I like salvaging old stuff. Hence the trike.
We have a lot of animals, too, including two turtles, two cats, a hedgehog, two frogs and, naturally, a bunch of insects.
This is one of the cats, Nero. I mentioned him here.
Nero is not very amused by a turtle.
He does like soap bubbles, though.
Macroglossum stellatarum, a.k.a the Hummingbird Hawk-moth
Well, that's it for now, I guess. I will write more about the Garden from now on, I promise. There is so much work to be done in it, but it will be worth it. :)

So, how about you? Do you have a garden, or want to have one? Do you like gardening? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...