20120501

Lightning hunting

A short storm passed over Zagreb tonight, giving me a chance to try hunting for them lightnings once more. This time I was a bit more successful.

This was the first 'success'. Apparently my camera moved and lost focus. Bad luck.
 

Then, I decided to try zooming in a little, and then this HUGE lightning struck just on the edge of the field of view. And when I say 'huge', I mean it was actually three lightnings merging into one. Badass. Also, bad luck. If only I hadn't zoomed in :(

The last one is also the biggest success in my opinion, but is nowhere near as impressive as the second one would have been.

Well, I guess I'll have to wait for the next storm.

2 comments:

  1. What kind of camera are you using for this? Generally I try and keep the field of view fairly wide when hunting lightning. If your camera is one which can use interchangeable lenses, use one with the lowest possible F number.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, unfortunately, I have a simple point-and-shoot camera, Kodak M873 (http://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsus/en_US/pd/M873_Zoom_Digital_Camera/productID.146587200), so this is basically done by putting the camera on the table, setting it on the longest exposure (8 seconds) and hoping I'll catch anything. I plan to buy a better camera after the summer, when I earn some money, so I'll remember your advice for then! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...